Staff Accountant (Full time-in person position)
NOBLE is looking for a full-time staff accountant to assist with account receivables/payables and other functions needed to keep our Accounting Department running smoothly and efficiently.
Our organization serves as the conscience of law enforcement being committed to justice by action. We have 55 chapters and represent over 4,000 members worldwide which includes chief executive officers and command-level law enforcement officials from federal, state, county, municipal law enforcement agencies, and criminal justice practitioners.
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Organizational Unit: Accounting
Accountability: Accounting/Finance Manager
Salary Range: $52,000 - $56,500
Duties and Responsibilities: Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Cash Receipts/Accounts Receivable Process:
- Settle and print credit card transaction batches through credit card processor and iMIS batches.
- Input cash receipt data (apply payments) into the iMIS database system (including dues, conference registrations, advertising, merchandise order, contributions, exhibitor and sponsorship payments).
- Roll forward dues invoices and print invoices.
- Maintain/run dues receipt report.
- Register attendees/exhibitors in iMIS for conferences.
- Generate invoices for orders.
- Download lockbox activity and enter payments/receipts in iMIS.
- Enter payments/receipts from check deposits received in the headquarter office into the IMIS system.
- Download banking activity and enter payments/receipts in IMIS for ACH/wire transfer funds.
- Print batch reports which agree to bank deposits and credit card batches – attach all support documents to each batch for files.
- Maintain/run accounts receivable reports and follow up on outstanding invoices.
- Provide month end export or entries for invoices/receipts to import into the GL system.
- Attendance at/working onsite registration for multiple conferences per year (processing on site registrations/credit card receipts, closing out daily on-site batches).
- Aid in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement improvements to processes.
- Enter invoices from source documents into the AP system (Bill.com).
- Maintain/run accounts payable aging report.
- Code invoices in Bill.com for payment.
- Assist with year-end audit.
Skill and Educational Requirements:
- Minimum 4-year degree in Accounting/Business (bachelor’s degree highly preferred).
- 2 + years experience in accounting.
- Advanced Excel skills (VLookup, Pivot Tables, formulas) and proficiency in other standard office applications including iMIS.
- Proven ability to handle multiple competing deadlines.
The ideal applicant will stand out by displaying the necessary attributes (listed below).
- Collaborative, proactive, and action oriented working style with a strong service mentality promoting mutual accountability and inspiring trust and confidence from colleagues.
- Nonprofit experience.
- Self-starter with a strong ability to move daily tasks forward in alignment with NOBLE’s broader organizational needs and goals. Consistently meets or exceeds expectations.
- High level of accuracy, strong attention to detail with the ability to understand the organization’s internal policies and procedures, organizational budgets and apply them to accounting duties.
Please apply online at: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/National-Organization-of-Black-Law-Enforcement-Executives-(noble)/jobs?jk=a9a3bd1e69aad50b&start=0&clearPrefilter=1