Police Officer F/T-Villanova University Department of Public Safety (PA)
by Sarah | Feb 6, 2023 | Uncategorized
Full-Time Police Officer – Villanova University Department of Public Safety, Villanova, PA
Villanova University Department of Public Safety seeks to employ highly qualified and professional candidates for the position(s) of full-time police officer(s) who seek to work in a vibrant and diverse campus community. Join a dedicated team focused on quality service and community partnerships. Enjoy a unique hybrid schedule with a steady shift allowing for weekends off every 4 weeks. Earn 40 days of paid benefit time in one year of employment. Enjoy tuition benefits for you, spouse and dependents. Take advantage of University Fitness and nutrition program with the use of multiple fitness centers available to employees.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• 1 year of prior work experience.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• PA Resident with a valid PA Driver’s License required with a good driving record. Must be able to meet and maintain VU driving privileges as outlined by Villanova’s Risk Management’s Motor Vehicle Record Policy for Drivers of University Vehicles.
• Must be willing to work a variety of shifts and assignments including weekends and holidays.
• Must have a clean criminal history and be able to pass an extensive background investigation.
• Successful completion of Pennsylvania Municipal Police Officers’ Training Academy (ACT 120) or a waiver preferred. Will consider applicants who are capable of completion of said academy within one year of appointment.
• Prior to being sworn, candidates must successfully complete the Pennsylvania Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission Certification Exam.
• Must be able to successfully complete a physical agility assessment as part of the application process. Assessment includes: Timed sit ups=a minimum of 21 in one minute; 300 Meter run=completed in 87 seconds or less; Timed push-ups=a minimum of 10 in one minute; 1.5 mile run/jog=completed in 15:50 or less.
The physical agility test and the written test will both be administered on 4/29/23. The location of the testing will be held on the Villanova University campus.
Starting Salary is $65,000.00, with an annual 7% longevity increase for five (5) consecutive years after date of hire for an PA ACT 120 certified candidate.
Candidates selected without prior MPOETC certification will be paid a starting salary of $58,500.00 until all requirements are met to achieve PA ACT 120 certification. Once certified, the candidate will receive a starting salary of $65,000.00, with an annual 7% longevity increase for five (5) consecutive years thereafter.
Deadline for applications is Saturday, April 8, 2023. To apply click the following link: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/25120 .
View our website and employment information at: https://www1.villanova.edu/content/university/public-safety.html
Villanova University is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact Villanova University Department of Public Safety, Lt. Steven Germano at 610-519-6978 with any questions.
Posted: 02/01/2023 Deadline: 04/08/2023