The St. Charles Police Department strives to hire highly skilled, competent, dedicated, customer-oriented staff who pride themselves on performing their duties to the highest level of excellence. If you seek a rewarding opportunity to serve others, you may be the candidate we are looking for!
This position is responsible for the operations of the Police Records Division, which includes management and retention of records and information necessary for Police Department operations.
• Plan, coordinate, and supervise the work of the 10 civilian personnel in the Police Records Division
• Train personnel on procedures and areas of responsibility, including knowledge of new and existing laws, requirements, and practices of modern police administration
• Oversee and assure accurate reporting, record processing, and filing systems, including mandated state reports, and records such as incidents, arrests, accidents, building records related to equipment, contracts, forms, correspondence, etc.
• Monitor and maintain various computer software and hardware utilized by the department. Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution when required
• Department Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) officer to include researching, processing and approving requests
• Department’s LEADs Agency Coordinator (LAC) in the preparation of LEADs entries, validations and other duties
• Coordinate UCR/NIBRS state reporting by ensuring accuracy of crime coding and statistics and compliance rules and regulations related to law enforcement records management
• Performs a variety of complex duties such as analyzing, coding, and storing designated law enforcement documents, collecting, and preparing data for special reports, and compiling, reviewing, and redacting various records (such as video and audio recordings) for distribution
• Serve as a liaison with the Tri-Com director in all matters pertaining to records
• Serve as a liaison with the Police Operations Division to ensure a high degree of cooperation and efficient operation
• Assist with preparation and implementation of budget for Police Administration
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, law enforcement, or field related to office management required
• Five years of experience in a police or law enforcement environment and three years of supervisory experience
• Proficient with Microsoft office suite, and other software programs
• Law Enforcement Agency Data Systems (LEADS) certified, or ability get certified within six months of hire
• Strong organizational skills and written and interpersonal communication skills is a must
Range is $90,000 – $125,000 with starting pay commensurate with experience. If selected, successful completion of a thorough background investigation and drug screen will be required.
Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription, vision, wellness incentives, life insurance, retirement plan with Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, Mission Square retirement saving options, and much more!
To see what it is like to work for the City of St. Charles check out our YouTube Channel.
Apply on line at www.stcharlesil.gov/jobs no later than February 5, 2023.
Resumes and additional documents can be attached in the on-line application system. If you are unable to apply online, or for other assistance, please contact 630-377-4446.
The City of St. Charles is an Equal Opportunity Employer.