Join Land O’Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork. We’re a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative. While benefits can vary by location and role, most offer:
- Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D; short- and long-term disability insurance
• Retirement savings plan and profit-sharing plan, both with company match
• Paid time off and paid holidays, plus paid benefits for maternity and parental leaves
Deputy Director of Global Security
Assists the Director of Global Security in implementing and administering an enterprise-wide global security strategy and program for Land O’Lakes. This role is entrusted with the responsibility of helping to develop and advocating security policy, standards, and operational risk reduction measures to minimize vulnerability and limit exposure with a key emphasis on enhancement of the existing global investigative program aimed at mitigation of procedural and technical risks and at safeguarding people, assets and reputation, all in accordance with Land O’Lakes policies, procedures and culture.
The incumbent for this position will gauge and promote management obligations and is accountable for actions to establish and influence investigative governance and awareness domestically and internationally. They serve as the subject matter expert on major enterprise projects and initiatives related to the corporation’s security needs, domestically and internationally. They will collaborate with and influence business senior leadership and other internal partners to identify areas of risk and potential risk mitigation strategies, and work with those partners to develop controls and measures to prevent future risks. The incumbent will also be serving as the liaison to local, state and federal law enforcement, military, and other governmental agencies and entities with functions related to safety and security. They will also serve as liaison with other private sector security entities.
The incumbent for this position will assist the Director of Global Security, the Law Department, audit committees, the Executive Leadership Team, the Board of Directors, and company businesses in gaining a clear understanding of the facts necessary to determine whether there has been violation of the code of conduct or other improprieties affecting the integrity of the enterprise. The position provides all Land O’Lakes businesses and locations with the necessary framework, standards, processes and guidance to ensure consistent and operative investigations. This entails all aspects and attributes of code-of-conduct investigations, investigations involving domestic and international operations and supporting administrative activities to include a definition of priorities, allocation of fact-finding resources and alignment of investigative aims with strategic business objectives.
The incumbent for this position will plan, organize, conduct and coordinate enterprise-wide investigations of alleged or suspected violations of code of conduct, corporate policy or law. Develop and execute detailed plans for all investigations, document findings of fact, and communicate the results. They will coordinate the findings with Director of Global Security, legal counsel and business partners to include human resources, audit and other executive management as necessary; contribute to the formulation of Land O’Lakes policy and implementation strategies to efficiently support investigative framework; develop recommendations from investigative findings to enhance internal controls and provide business due diligence and litigation support as necessary.
The incumbent for this position will provide highly technical expertise and guidance in a wide variety of legal, operational and administrative functions. Identify elements of proof, develop investigative plans and strategies, identify and collect evidence, and prepare for and conduct witness and subject interviews. They will manage and/or conduct investigations in a timely manner, and prepare accurate and concise reports, assuring that all investigative procedures and findings conform to Land O’Lakes policy.
The incumbent for this position trains, develops, and provides technical and process guidance to others throughout the organization. Manages scheduling, monitors and guides investigative work throughout the organization to ensure compliance with established policies, procedures and standards. Communicates reviews and monitors procedural changes to investigative policies and procedures.
Required education and experience:
– Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education/ training/ experience, in accounting, business, computer science, security administration, criminal justice or related discipline
10 or more years of related experience in public sector or similar Fortune 500 corporate roles, accompanied with civilian or military law enforcement experience, and/or compliance or security positions
Demonstrate prior experience in conducting criminal investigations, specifically related to fraud, theft and embezzlement, and implementing new technologies and measures designed to address and combat internal fraud and theft
– Master’s degree
– Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Professional Certified Investigator (PCI) or past law enforcement license or law enforcement training certification. Certification and/or training in professional interviewing techniques. Thorough experience in investigative methodology, tactics, and possess an ability to clearly communicate and present case summaries to all levels of the organization.
– Established supervisory level investigative experience with a strong understanding of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, white-collar or financial crime; knowledge of electronic (cyber), forensic investigations and acquaintance with Anti-Corruption Laws, regulatory and compliance related programs and audits.
– Consideration will be given to candidates with a supervisory background that includes experience with the U.S. Secret Service, FBI or other federal Investigative agency and/or demonstrates alternate law enforcement experience and an ability to foster investigative programs and relationships with the law enforcement community and governmental
Consideration will be given to candidates that possess experience and a working comfort with international travel and interaction with foreign associates, counterparts and entities.
– Foreign language skills
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
For more information, please visit: https://careers.landolakesinc.com/us/en/job/R-25090/Deputy-Director-of-Global-Security