CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches. We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
The Center of Justice Research and Innovation seeks an Assistant Director to join our leadership team contributing to strategic planning, growth, personnel supervision, project management, and specialized Center initiatives. The ideal candidate will have experience leading and supporting training and technical assistance, assessments, and research on justice system topics and issues. Candidates should also have experience mentoring, supporting professional development and staff wellness, and providing performance feedback as part of the duties of supervising personnel. This role will include a combination of management responsibilities and direct program and project support. This leadership role carries with it personal and corporate responsibility to build and sustain a respectful workplace and to promote the wellness of staff.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
- Manage less experienced research and professional team members, including support for professional development, mentoring, and formal performance evaluation.
- Provide support to leadership and staff, to include project management, quality assurance and control, and staff and team development.
- Working with the Vice President, Director, and Associate Director, support development of business strategy and plans for new market areas; work with staff to identify solutions that address current and prospective clients’ requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local and/or federal clients and strategic partners.
- In support of and in coordination with the Vice President, Director, and Associate Director, direct and actively participate in our training and technical assistance, reform, and research work by leading delivery of key projects, assigning personnel and resources, implementing quality processes and reviewing deliverables, and keeping projects on time and within established budgets.
- Publish journal articles and research reports, and participate actively in professional and government conferences, seminars and meetings to build external relationships, promote company and market area recognition.
- Help evaluate the effectiveness and value of completed work, develop and implement strategic courses of action to improve our future work.
- Help recruit and retain a high-quality, diverse workforce.
- Protect the reputation and credibility of the company and market area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Criminology, Criminal Justice, Sociology, or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience in research and analysis or training and technical assistance with prior experience as a project director on major projects for clients. Experience and/or expertise in a development and delivery of technical assistance programs, training, and/or critical incident analysis strongly preferred.
- Skills: Supervisor experience, ability to oversee completion of multiple research projects; conduct independent research and direct research of individual analysts and team projects; perform quality assurance reviews of projects and ensure they are completed on time and within budget; assemble and present complex technical analyses and communicate effectively to clients; can summarize and synthesize large bodies work down to the essential elements and convey those results effectively and efficiently, in both written and oral form; understand and objectively critique research being carried out; understand client’s needs and integrate those needs into CNA’s ongoing research programs; ability to exert influence in the development of overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization and ability to prepare objective, constructive performance evaluations for team members. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and other software products for producing presentations, brochures; as well as in documenting key business development activities and strategies.
- Other: Ability to attain and maintain security clearance.
- Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the supervisor.
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: “EEO is the Law” Poster”, “EEO Poster Supplement”. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
For more information, please visit: https://us63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/cna/Posting/View/2299