Special Agent I (Non Certified)
Recruitment: April 27, 2022-May 11, 2022
Starting salary: Statewide: $64,000, increase to $68,000 after successful completion of 26 weeks academy
Starting salary: Northern, VA: $76,000, increase to $80,000 after successful completion of 26 weeks academy
**This recruitment is for ONLY for Special Agent I (Non Certified) Which means currently do not have the VA Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) Law Enforcement Officer -Police Officer Certification**
**Previous applicants should reapply**
ü Are you tired of shift work or rotating shifts?
Join A Team Crafted of Virginia’s Top Shelf Talent!
ABC Special Agents provide specialized law enforcement services for the Commonwealth of Virginia enforcing criminal law and regulations of the ABC Board governing the manufacture, sales and use of alcoholic beverages. Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority is seeking ABC Special Agents in the following locations:
Region 1: Roanoke
Must attend the 26 weeks Training Academy in Lynchburg, VA beginning January 2023
• Specific duties include: initiating, planning and conducting moderate to complex investigations, making arrests for violations of alcohol, tobacco, narcotics, fraud and financial fraud statutes, testifying in state and federal courts and serving as an Agency advocate.
• Additional duties involve preparing and presenting disciplinary cases to ABC Hearing Officers and performing special assignments such as instructor, electronic surveillance technician or becoming a member of a local, state or federal task force.
• Conducting inspections of ABC licensed businesses to insure compliance with required statutes and regulations. Educating and informing ABC licensees, other government entities and the public at large on the subject ABC laws and regulations. Providing support to local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies as required.
**No shift work, normal work days are Monday-Friday, however, some weekends and holidays maybe deemed necessary to complete investigations and/or special assignments.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Must be at least 21 years of age on date of hire
• An undergraduate degree in Criminal Justice, Business or Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, Sociology or a related field or equivalent coursework and/or experience.
• All applicants will be required to attend and successfully complete 26 weeks of onsite Training in Lynchburg, VA and successfully complete a minimum of 12 weeks of Field Training.
• All applicants must be eligible to obtain a valid driver’s license by time of employment, pass a thorough background investigation to include credit history check and perform all essential job functions.
**Selected candidates will have successfully completed a detailed background investigation which includes good character & reputation, educational achievements, prior work experience and credit history as established by the background investigation but is not limited to: a polygraph examination, medical examination, psychological evaluation and police record.
Virginia ABC’s Bureau of Law Enforcement does have a career progression plan in place and Special Agents may be eligible for salary increases upon successful completion of the career progression periods.
Our values are Accountability, Service, Integrity, and Performance Excellence.
Accountability – Service –Integrity – Performance Excellence
Authority employees continue to be covered under the Commonwealth’s benefits and VRS. However, Authority employees are exempt from the Virginia Personnel Act and the Virginia Public Procurement Act. To find out more about VA ABC visit our website: https://www.abc.virginia.gov/about/agency-overview.
Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control has transitioned to an Authority and has relocated to our new facility at 7450 Freight Way, Hanover, VA 23111.
VA ABC is a Military-Friendly Employer, is V3 Certified, and embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
For more information, please visit: http://www.abc.virginia.gov/about/careers/careers-enforcement