The Middletown Township Police Department is now accepting applications for our entry level police officer physical agility test and written examination.
· Must be 21 years of age by the date of the test
· Must be a U.S. citizen
· Must possess a valid driver’s license on or before the deadline for submitting applications
· Physically and mentally fit to perform duties of a police officer
· If hired, must establish residency within 25 miles of the township borders within one year from date of hire
You must also meet at least one of the following requirements:
· Current PA ACT 120 certification in good standing (must provide proof of certification with your application)
· Currently enrolled in a PA state-certified municipal police academy by the date of the test (must provide a letter from your police academy director attached to your application)
· Completion of at least 60 college credits or completion of an Associate’s Degree or higher (attach a copy of transcripts or diploma to your application – unofficial transcripts are fine)
· Three years of honorable military service in one of the branches of the U.S. Armed Forces (attached copy of DD-214 or letter from unit commander to your application)
· Three (3) years or more fulltime work experience in sworn law enforcement or corrections.
As of 2022:
In addition to base pay, officers receive longevity pay, shift differential, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, township paid medical, dental, vision, and prescription, a defined benefit pension, and other benefits.
The agility test and written examination will take place on Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 8:30AM at:
Neshaminy High School
Registration will begin at 7:30am inside the high school gymnasium. Please bring your driver’s license with you on the date of the test to serve as identification and a pencil for the written exam. You will not be permitted to take the test without showing your driver’s license. There will be no test make up dates. When arriving, please park in the lot next to the football field.
Applications can be printed out online at www.mtpd.orgor obtained in person at the Middletown Township Police Department lobby, 5 Municipal Way, 2nd Floor, Langhorne, PA between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday – Friday excluding holidays.
A $25.00 application fee must be submitted with your completed application. Payment can be made by either check or money order (mail or in person) or by credit/debit card or cash (in person in the police lobby).
Applications can be submitted by U.S. Mail (must be postmarked by Friday, May 20, 2022) or in person by Friday, May 20, 2022 to the police department reception window in the lobby. Documentation of qualifications, and payment of $25.00, must be submitted with the application or you will be disqualified.
Mail or return your applications in person to:
Middletown Township Police Department
The physical agility test will be administered first and will consist of pushups, sit-ups, a 300 meter sprint, and a 1.5 mile run. Minimum scores in the physical agility test will be based on the applicant’s age and gender. See attached charts for exact requirements.
A minimum score of 70 must be achieved in the written test. Only candidates who pass the physical agility test will move on to take the written test. Candidates must pass both the physical agility test and the written test to be considered for a position.
Cell phones, smartphones (i.e. iPhones, Androids, etc.) smart watches and/or any other electronic devices; purses, backpacks, bags, or weapons are not permitted in the testing areas.
If your application is approved, you will not be contacted prior to the test date. Candidates will only be notified if they are disqualified from taking the test due to not meeting one or more of the qualifications. Disqualified candidates will not be permitted to participate in the test.