-Bachelor’s Degree in Security or related field.
-10 years of experience in Threat Management and/or Workplace Violence Prevention.
-5 years of management experience in programmatic level responsibilities and supervision of other managers or directors.
-Demonstrated skill in applying full cycle Threat Management principles and practices as an operational practitioner.
-Demonstrated ability to build a comprehensive and durable risk-rationalized program with associated policies, training, delivery, outcomes-based measurement, analysis, and data visualization to drive decision-making.
-Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with functional, site, regional, and executive leaders.
-Able to deliver mission-oriented results while establishing and maintaining healthy relationships in a highly collaborative environment, fostering high levels of team member engagement, achieving customer satisfaction, and operating within budget parameters.
-Demonstrated skill providing clear expectations, guidance, and direction providing resources helping remove barriers and obstacles for team members and correlating, aligning, and synchronizing efforts across teams to foster unity of effort.
-Demonstrated ability translating guidance and intent into workable solutions operating independently while maintaining alignment on strategy problem-solving and effectively navigating a complex organization with multiple supporting processes, forms of governance, and key stakeholders.
-Must be able to initially work with effectiveness in the absence of established processes.
Collaborate with multiple functional areas and key stakeholders (system-wide) to deliver a comprehensive, coherent, effective, resilient, and sustainable Workplace Violence Prevention Program which ultimately reduces the number of workplace violence incidents and reduces the number and severity of injuries stemming from incidents that do occur. Successful program implementation includes reducing workplace violence risk factors in all care settings and in all facilities through governance, assessment, planning, mitigation, inquiry, investigation, training, reporting, and monitoring. The focal point for this position is to contribute to a safe, secure, and respectful environment in which high-quality healthcare can be delivered and received.
1) Operationalize all dimensions of Advocate Aurora’s system-wide and regional policies to prevent violence and manage threats in the workplace, to include chairing the System Steering Committee for Workplace Violence Prevention (WPVP) and optimizing the effectiveness of 26 Site WPVP Committees.
2) Provide Site Committees appropriate direction, guidance, training, mitigating strategies, and threat assessment methodologies to enable their effectiveness to tangibly mitigate risk factors and to reduce the frequency and/or intensity of disruptive and violent behaviors.
3) Partner with multi-disciplinary clinical, operational, and functional teams and regional Leaders to implement full-cycle prevention, early warning, and threat management programs.
4) Ensure compliance with the Accrediting Bodies and applicable Federal, State, County, and City laws and regulations in areas of operation.
5) Create repeatable yet agile high reliability processes to effectively respond to immediate and emerging threats across the Advocate Aurora system.
For more information, please visit:https://aah.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Downers-Grove-Support-Center—3075-Highland-Pkwy/Executive-Director-Workforce-Violence-Prevention_R12986