CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches. We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
The Assistant Director is a front-line manager sharing responsibility for leading a team of research analysts and staff professionals while supporting the market area vision and direction. This includes responsibility for supporting market area and division goals for business development by identifying and developing potential new clients, directing projects, supervising staff, providing guidance to study directors, project managers and/or team members, managing overall quality of output, adhering to schedules and budgets, and ensuring that individual client needs are met. This leadership role carries with it personal and corporate responsibility to build and sustain a respectful workplace and to promote the wellness of staff.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Provide first-level administrative supervision for assigned less experienced research and professional team members, including support for professional development, mentoring, and formal performance evaluation.
2. Provide support to leadership and staff, to include assistance with project management, quality assurance and control, and staff and team development.
3. Working with the Vice President, Director, and Associate Director, support development of business strategy and plans for new market areas; work with staff to identify solutions that address current and prospective clients’ requirements.
4. Develop and maintain relationships with local and/or federal clients and strategic partners.
5. In support of and in coordination with the Vice President, Director, and Associate Director, direct and actively participate in our training and technical assistance, reform, and research work by leading delivery of key projects, helping assign personnel and resources, implementing quality processes and reviewing deliverables, and keeping projects on time and within established budgets.
6. Publish journal articles and research reports, and participate actively in professional and government conferences, seminars and meetings to promote company and market area recognition.
7. Help evaluate the effectiveness and value of completed work and develop courses of action to improve our future work.
8. Help recruit and retain a high-quality, diverse workforce.
9. Protect the reputation and credibility of the company and market area.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum of 6 years relevant work experience in research and analysis with prior experience as a project director on major projects for clients. Experience and/or expertise in a development and delivery of technical assistance programs, training, and/or critical incident analysis strongly preferred.
3. Skills: Supervisor experience, ability to oversee completion of multiple research projects; conduct independent research and direct research of individual analysts and team projects; perform quality assurance reviews of projects and ensure they are completed on time and within budget; assemble and present complex analyses and communicate effectively to clients; understand and objectively critique research being carried out; understand client’s needs and integrate those needs into CNA’s ongoing research programs; and ability to prepare objective, constructive performance evaluations for team members. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and other software products for producing presentations, brochures; as well as in documenting key business development activities and strategies.
4. Other: Ability to attain and maintain security clearance.
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is not eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements. Occasional flexible work schedule may be possible at the discretion of the Supervisor.
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: “EEO is the Law” Poster”, “EEO Poster Supplement”. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
For more information, please visit: https://us61e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/cna/Posting/View/1564