This position is responsible for leading and coordinating the development and implementation of projects, programs, best practices, and policies related to the area of vehicle programs including the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS). This position is responsible for serving as the staff liaison to subcommittees and working groups; conducting research, preparing analysis, and writing reports in support of assigned projects and programs.
Additionally, this position is responsible for the development, coordination, monitoring, and disseminating of information in vehicle related matters and for initiating, maintaining, and cultivating stakeholder relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage projects and collaborate with jurisdictional members, stakeholders, and federal partners. Provide support, advice, and direction to subcommittees, working groups, and other teams or individuals as required and assigned. (45%)
2. Coordinate and conduct conferences, workshops, and meetings, either in a virtual or in-person format, related to assigned projects and assignments. (15%)
3. Conduct research and analysis about vehicle related topics for assigned projects and inquiries. Provide timely responses as appropriate. (15%)
4. Serve as a subject matter expert, providing information and guidance for NMVTIS State Program Subcommittee activities and assisting with other NMVTIS related tasks. Participate in on-going resolution of issues related to NMVTIS state business rules. (15%)
5. Manage vehicle program areas within the AAMVA website: review, revise, and update as required and assigned. (5%)
6. Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to: (5%)
(a) Provide input into AAMVA’s strategic plan;
(b) Assist in defining program and division goals and establishing priorities to ensure division objectives and deadlines are met;
(c) Assist in the preparation of any federal grants and contracts related to the vehicle area;
(d) Assist in reviewing and commenting on proposed federal legislation and rules; and
(e) Provide input into the division’s annual budget
Direct Reports to this Position:
Qualifications: Well organized, articulate, technologically savvy, proven leader and team player with strong diplomacy skills.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience. (Required)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Minimum ten years of progressive motor vehicle title and registration program leadership and management experience.
• Thorough knowledge of the Truth in Mileage Act, NMVTIS, and the Driver Privacy Protection Act.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience with project management and reporting.
• Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work effort.
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Extensive experience in research, writing, public speaking, and training.
• Ability and willingness to travel.
• Experience with vehicle dealer licensing programs. (Desired)
• Knowledge of the political and legislative process. (Desired)
• Working knowledge of information systems functions and capabilities. (Desired)
• This position is a remote off-site work environment, requiring the employee to be disciplined, well organized, and able to work independently.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
AAMVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V
For more information and to apply online, please visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7f5baef3-9cee-4681-85f2-7d738f673786&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US