1. Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, public administration or related field and two (2) years of experience as a police supervisor and five (5) years of experience as a police officer commensurate to the duties and requirements of the position.
Associates degree or equivalent credits (60) in criminal justice, public administration or related field and four (4) years of experience as a police supervisor and five (5) years of experience as a police officer within an environment equal in scope to the duties and requirements of the position. (Includes military supervisory experience) Veterans are encouraged to apply.
2. Demonstrated experience working with and through people in establishing goals, objectives and action plans to produce expected results.
3. Possesses and maintains a valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurability at all times.
4. Certified or has the ability to re-certify within six (6) months of employment as a law enforcement officer in the State of Florida, must retain law enforcement certification at all times during employment.
5. Pass a comprehensive law enforcement background investigation, criminal history check, fitness for duty medical examination, physical ability test, police psychological assessment and related selection criteria. Candidates may not possess any felony convictions or convictions related to domestic violence.
6. The incumbent is considered to be “critical personnel” during an emergency and can be subject to being held over or called back to a district location at all times.
OCPS District Police provides: A work schedule consistent with school days and hours
A Full complement of uniforms and gear
Lethal and less lethal weaponry
Florida Retirement System (FRS)
Paid Holidays, Sick, Vacation, and Personal Time
Cigna health benefits with optional supplements
For more information and to apply online, please visit: https://ocps.net/departments/human_resources/careers