The Executive Director – Superintendent will provide progressive leadership and management of the IU Health System police departments. This leader will understand the day-to-day and strategic needs of modern policing as it relates to the IU Health Mission and Values. They will be responsible for alignment and consolidation of existing police departments into a single system-wide department that aligns with the needs, mission and values of IU Health. The Executive Director will establish and coordinate system policies to protect team members, patients, guests, properties and items of value.
Other opportunities include:
• Working with Regional leaders to develop and coordinate a consistent security approach across the system while optimizing IU Health’s resources
• Ensuring policies and procedures comply with police and security guidelines and standards of governing bodies and accreditation authorities
• Engaging with community services and resources, including local civil and University Police Departments, behavioral health services and nearby healthcare providers
• Bachelors degree required. Advanced degree in relevant field strongly preferred.
• Completion of FBI National Academy or similar Command Collage required.
• Current certification as an Indiana law enforcement officer or capable of obtaining within 180 days.
• 7+ years of relevant experience.
• Familiarity with NIMS and HICS/ICS.
• Experience developing, launching and leading programs in a complex environment with demonstrated success.
• Demonstrated success in leading multi-level teams in a complex, matrixed environment.
• Large budget management experience (+$10M)
• Experience developing and maintaining policies and procedures to meet standards of law enforcement and security accreditation.
Reports to: Vice President – Safety, Security and Disaster Preparedness
Direct reports: 5 Director level
For more information and to apply online, please visit: https://careers.iuhealth.org/jobs/7397124-executive-director-superintendent