TJA STAFFING SERVICES, INC.
Thomas J. Adams, President & CEO
Jessica Taylor, Executive Director
TJA Executive Staffing is proud to sponsor the national search for:
CHIEF OF POLICE, DETROIT, MICHIGAN
GENERAL POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Chief of Police is responsible for the overall performance of the Detroit Police Department. The Chief of Police serves at the pleasure of the Mayor and reports to the Board of Police Commissioners (“Board” or “BOPC”) who has charter mandates of supervisory oversight and control of the Detroit Police Department.
EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the day-to-day operations of the Detroit Police Department to enhance its overall effectiveness in police services and performance.
• Promotes cooperation and partnership with the Board of Police Commissioners, the civilian oversight agency of the Detroit Police Department.
• Exhibits leadership with vision and values that enhance organizational culture, public safety operations, and community trust.
• Supervise all DPD Executives and employees in the performance of their duties.
• Administer and implement training for all Department Members to ensure police legitimacy, continuous organizational improvements, and national best practices.
• Create opportunities, initiatives, and programs for increasing Community Restorative Practices between the police and the community.
• Possession of at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Police Administration, Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, Sociology, Public Administration or related field.
• Certifications in police administration, law enforcement is preferred.
• Prior background experience as Police Chief, Deputy Chief, or related Executive Level position
• High-level of critical and analytical skills for organizational development and emergency preparedness
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT COVER LETTER & RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO:
email@example.com or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions or need assistance? Please contact our office or visit our website: