|About the Role:
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is looking for a Law Enforcement Police Chief to be based in Houston, TX. The Police Chief is experienced in law enforcement practices, operations management, people management, and performance management. You will work under the general direction of a bank officer and manage the daily operations and resources to provide a safe environment and to protect Bank operations and assets. The Police Chief will demonstrate ownership through shaping and managing workflow. You will support LEU and the Bank mission, vision, priorities and goals, while demonstrating excellence in law enforcement best practices, security system technologies and customer service.
• Oversee assessment and mitigation of security risks and the development of an organized and safe LEU operations; hold self and staff accountable for outcomes
• Use law enforcement/security/leadership experience to handle moderate to complex situations
• Adapt departmental strategies to address resource and operational challenges
• Foster an atmosphere of integrity, mutual respect and trust between management and staff; work with others in ways that are sensitive to cultural norms and expectations
• Maintain authenticity and encourage others to do the same; be trusted to represent or protect the interest of others fairly
• Ensure established procedures are followed and that all LEU security and life safety systems and equipment are operating as intended
• Direct and monitor emergency response, operational plans and other related activities
• Contribute to the performance of the full range of LEU/Protection functions such as inspections, audits, identification of vulnerabilities, assessment of risks and recommendation of required security measures, techniques and methods
• Recommend and participate in the development, revision, management and compliance of policies, procedures, methods
• Participate in the acquisition of new equipment designed to increase efficiency of security operations at facilities
• Help evaluate security products and techniques; coordinate with appropriate Bank staff in the installation or replacement of the LEU related security equipment
• Develop staff and future leaders through talent and skills development, assignments and monitoring
• Motivate and coach staff to meet operational and succession goals; prepare meaningful development plans and performance reviews
• Work with Bank staff, contractors and vendors on security related projects; provide technical guidance to employees, colleagues and customers
• Partner with local, state and federal law enforcement and other criminal justice agencies in alignment with LEU/Bank goals
• Serve on Bank and System teams, workgroups or subcommittees
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in criminal justice, public administration, business management; Master’s Degree preferred
• 10+ years of progressive general management experience
• Minimum age of 21 or older; valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas (or eligible for a Texas driver’s license) and must not be prohibited from being licensed or driving in any U.S. state
• Have ten years’ experience in Federal, State, Municipal or Military law enforcement with five years supervisory experience with rank of Lieutenant or equivalent
• Operate as a law enforcement officer according to authority given by the Board of Governors by Section 11 (q) of the Federal Reserve Act; authorized personnel act as law enforcement officers according to the regulations of the Board of Governors and approved by the U.S. Attorney General (Uniform Regulations for Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Officers)
• Adept with crisis response, mitigation and recovery planning and incident command
• Proficient in use of PCs, MS office products, police equipment, and technology systems
• Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements
Why the Dallas Fed?
We are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
• Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
• 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
• Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
• Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
• Annual tuition reimbursement
• Professional development programs, training and conferences
• And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate’s qualifications as determined by the department.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online through KNECT. If you have any questions regarding the on-line application process, please contact Michelle Deleye in Human Resources at 214-922-6000.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
For more information and to apply online, please visit: https://frb.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=267806&lang=en