Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
Protect life and property, prevent crime and enforce laws, rules, and regulations. Patrol buildings and grounds. Investigate complaints, criminal offenses, and assist community members as needed. Perform security at special events including traffic control and parking operations. Perform other specialized duties as assigned by the Chief of Police or shift Lieutenants based on training, experience, and interest.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Patrol buildings and grounds on foot, golf cart, and bicycle and in patrol vehicles.
• Apprehend violators.
• Issue parking, traffic, and discipline citations.
• Investigate complaints, criminal offenses, and motor vehicle accidents.
• Assist stranded motorists with jump-starts and lockouts.
• Work with the Xavier community to provide quality crime prevention and community-oriented policing programs designed to educate in all areas of personal and campus safety.
• Perform security at special events.
• Assist with fire and safety inspections.
• Aid and protect officials and visitors.
• High School or GED
• Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA) certified
• Pass physical fitness test
• Pass drug screen
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree
• Two years of police experience relevant to the position.
Xavier is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment; we welcome a broad spectrum of candidates and particularly invite applications from women, ethnic and racial minorities, and other individuals who are under-represented in the workforce.
Qualified candidates, if selected for the offer, will be required to pass a drug screening, a department physical assessment test, as well as other University, required tests.
To ensure consideration, interested and qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website by January 3, 2021.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information and to apply online, please visit: https://jobs.silkroad.com/(X(1)S(s10au2w2igla4sbdo14czrzp))/Xavier/apply/jobs/2185