|At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you love working in a dynamic environment and are passionate about being an integral part of a team dedicated to supporting MSK’s mission? If so, we are searching for a new Director to lead Threat Management.
Under the direction of the VP of Security you will:
• Provide strategic leadership and operational management relating to all aspects of the Threat Management program enterprise wide
• Serves as subject-matter expert; partnering with leadership to identify well-understood risks across the full spectrum of violence (inclusive of disruptive behaviors) and to mitigate, manage, measure, monitor, and continuously improve safety and security
• Develop, operationalize, and sustain programs, trainings & ongoing education effectively tailored to the healthcare setting with the goal to reduce workplace violence risk factors in all care, research and business settings with enterprise-wide, data-driven program measurement and reporting
• Lead interdisciplinary Threat Management Committee and related teams, facilitating meetings and ensuring follow-up on action items
• Leverage technologies to raise workplace threat awareness on a continual basis
• Fosters relationships with external law enforcement agencies, contracted vendors, and networks to be at the forefront of industry standards & developments that affect investigative research and analysis
• A cultivator of innovation who builds and fosters new ways for our organization to be successful.
• A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep MSK moving forward.
• A provider of work directives, delegating responsibilities as necessary and removing obstacles to get work done.
• Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Able to hold yourself and others accountable into achieve goals and live up to commitments.
• Skilled at painting a compelling picture of our strategy and vision that motivates others to action.
• Someone who doesn’t shy away from difficult situations or people, saying what needs to be said.
• Knowledgeable about your business and the marketplace and able to apply this knowledge to advance our goals.
• Experience in a healthcare or school setting and with programs such as Managing Assaultive Behavior, Crisis Prevention Institute, AVADE, McAfee Institute preferred
• 10+ years in Threat Management, Law Enforcement or advanced/corporate Security function
• Proven experience in program development, risk and change management
• Strict confidentiality, professionalism, dependability and situational sensitivity is essential
• Professional affiliation with International Security Management Association (ISMA), Criminal Justice affiliations, American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS), and/or the International Association for Health Care Security and Safety (IAHSS) preferred
• ATAP Certified Threat Manager (CTM) Certification required within 6 months of hire
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; Master’s and/or advanced professional security credentials preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
For more information, please visit: https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/482100910;288513941;b