|Gans, Gans & Associates is an executive search company. We have been hired by the Montgomery Housing Authority to fill their Director of Public Safety position.
The Director of Public Safety is responsible for managing programs and initiatives that ensure the safety and security of public housing residents and agency employees. The Director of Public Safety also serves as the organization’s technical authority and media spokesperson on all safety and security issues and initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages the provision of safety and security services to public housing communities.
• Develops comprehensive public safety program for agency properties to include new partnerships that support the agency’s strategic plan.
• Serves as the liaison with the City of Montgomery police department, other federal and state law enforcement organizations, and residents of public housing and community stakeholders to develop and oversee collaborative strategies and tactics to ensure the safety and security of the public housing residents, employees and surrounding public.
• Investigates and reports law violations committed on MHA properties including investigations of resident lease violations.
• Assists with public housing resident evictions.
• Advises management and staff on security and law enforcement issues.
• Develops and implements safety and security programs and training for residents and staff that deter crime and promote safe, drug-free communities.
• Develops and manages budgets related to safety and security initiatives.
• Promulgates safety and security policies and procedures.
• Gathers, analyzes, and maintains records on criminal activity conducted on MHA property. Tracks crime trends in MHA communities and the City of Montgomery.
• Represents MHA in activities related to safety and security.
• Acts as the agency’s spokesperson for media inquiries regarding safety and security issues and initiatives. Collaborates with Communications department.
• Makes presentations on security and law enforcement issues/topics to residents, contractors, staff, and general public.
• Responds to inquiries regarding security, law enforcement and crime prevention.
• Obtains grants to improve environmental security.
• Researches and reviews safety and security initiatives at other public housing authorities.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Considerable knowledge and experience with law enforcement principles and practices.
• Considerable experience developing and implementing crime prevention and safety/security training.
• Working knowledge of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents, law enforcement officials, staff, and general public.
Education, Experience and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, social sciences, public or business administration or a related field.
• Considerable experience in security and law enforcement administration, crime prevention and supervision.
For more information, please visit: http://gansgans.com/docs/Montgomery%20Housing%20Authority%20-Director%20of%20Public%20Safety%20PD-final.pdf