The Investigator conducts thorough, reliable, and impartial investigations into reported allegations of sexual, physical, and/or emotional misconduct involving individuals within the Center’s jurisdiction. The Investigator acts as a neutral party throughout the investigation process and provides a comprehensive investigation report regarding the findings of the investigation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Independently conduct investigations into allegations of sexual, physical, and emotional misconduct, which includes identifying and interviewing involved parties and witnesses; identifying, gathering, and evaluating information relevant to the investigation; and making neutral findings of fact
• Consistently effectuate thorough and efficient investigations that meet the standards of the Center, including accurate recordkeeping, comprehensive case documentation, and prompt updates to the investigations database
• Consistently maintain a full caseload, per Center’s expectations of investigative staff
• Regularly meet with direct supervisor regarding ongoing investigations
• Regularly update involved parties regarding status of investigation
• Work with Senior and Associate Legal Counsel(s) to identify policies relevant to alleged misconduct
• Collaborate as needed with other members of the Response & Resolution Office regarding management and evaluation of reported incidents
• Develop and maintain functional understanding of all relevant SafeSport policies and procedures, as well as internal investigative practices and protocols, and ensure compliance therewith
• Continually identify and integrate best practices regarding administrative investigations into allegations of sexual, physical, and emotional misconduct; stay up to date with current trends in related fields by participating in conferences, workshops, online webinars, reviewing current literature and research, etc.
• Be a responsible steward of Center resources, including investigation-related travel and expenses
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Four years’ experience conducting professional investigations into cases reported allegations of misconduct, specifically sexual misconduct and other forms of abuse
• Ability to keep detailed and accurate notes throughout an investigative process, and ability to draft thorough and reliable investigation reports
• Excellent judgment with the ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information
• Exceptional critical thinking skills demonstrated by the ability to analyze information, evaluate results, and facilitate resolution of difficult situations, specifically issues of complex and extreme sensitivity
• Strong skills in the areas of conflict resolution, problem solving techniques, interviewing, and investigation
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated skill in writing concise, logical, analytical reports to synthesize complex issues
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, willingness to adapt to an evolving environment, and consistent attention to detail in all facets of one’s responsibilities
• Experience working with a case management system, particularly managing allegations of misconduct
• Working knowledge and competency with all applications in the Microsoft Office Suite
• Juris Doctorate degree or Master’s degree
• Experience working with athletes
• Knowledge of complexities surrounding investigations in a sport setting
WORK REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENT
• This position can be either at Center Headquarters in Denver, CO, or could be a Remote Investigator position, in the Center’s discretion.
• Standard office equipment.
• Office environment in multi-story, dog-friendly building.
• Some night and weekend work hours.
• Some overnight travel required.
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience. Benefits include PTO for vacation, sick and holidays; health care, vision and dental options; employer paid life and disability policies; 401k savings match.
Denver, CO, or a location deemed suitable by the Center (e.g., near major airport)
TO APPLY – DEADLINE May 15, 2020
Visit our website to submit your Resume, Cover Letter, and Salary Requirements:
Pursuant to the U.S. Center for SafeSport policy, no applicant shall be considered within two (2) years of employment and/or board service of the USOPC or National Governing Body
US Center for SafeSport is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Link to Application: https://safesport.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=68