The Federal Reserve Board is conducting a search for an Associate Inspector General for Investigations, Office of the Inspector General. The position is located in Washington, DC.
All interested individuals must submit their resume through the Federal Reserve Board’s career site by clicking on the link for Requisition 22085: https://frbog.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=22085
I. DIVISION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
Reporting to the Deputy Inspector General, the Associate Inspector General for Investigations, directs and manages the Office of Inspector General’s (OIG’s) regional investigations program, within broad policy guidance from the Inspector General. This program is charged with conducting, supervising, and coordinating criminal, civil, and administrative investigations relating to fraud, waste, or mismanagement in the programs and operations of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board) and, consistent with the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Report and Consumer Protection Act of 2010 (Dodd-Frank Act), the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (Bureau). Acts on behalf of the IG and the Deputy Inspector General (DIG) on investigative matters as needed, leads and oversees the investigative activities of the Office, operates as the primary contact with the Department of Justice (DOJ) in fulfilling the duty and responsibility to “report expeditiously to the Attorney General whenever there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a violation of Federal criminal law,” and serves as the primary liaison for the IG with other federal, state, and local law enforcement entities. Reports to the DIG as well as directly to the IG as may be necessary. Works with the Deputy Associate Inspector General for Investigations for HQ Operations to provide input for the direction and management of the Office of Investigations’ HQ Operations.
Must be able to work effectively with Board Members, division directors, and other senior Board, Bureau, and System management officials, and staff of other agencies and of Congress. Extensive knowledge of the Federal Reserve System and the Board’s and Bureau’s primary mission areas and administrative operations, as well as its application to Board and Bureau programs and operations. Must have or be able to obtain a top-secret security clearance.
II. JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Sets the overall strategic direction for the Office of Inspector General’s (OIG) investigation activities, and oversees the tactical direction of investigative projects including their specific objectives, scope, and methodologies.
2) Directs and oversees the development of regional investigative operations. Works with the Deputy Associate Inspector General for Investigations for Headquarters Operations to provide input for the direction and management of the Office of Investigations’ Headquarters Operations (HQ Operations).
3) Creates and sustains a diverse, dynamic, high performance culture that fosters employee engagement, integrity, high ethical values and standards, and which is conducive to staff to provide the utmost quality of service.
4) Fosters the training, growth, and career development of OIG staff through focused coaching, feedback, and development efforts to build leaders and managers capable of meeting current and future challenges to the OIG, and to help ensure effective succession planning. Ensures that all regional OIG investigations personnel have completed and maintain all requisite law enforcement and related training.
5) Oversees the execution of regional OIG investigations, approves project plans, and supervises the use of subpoenas and the administration of oaths to ensure that investigative activities are conducted in a timely manner and in full compliance with applicable Department of Justice standards and OIG policy, procedure, and values.
6) Reviews, approves, and signs OIG investigation reports, as appropriate. Presents the results of investigations to the Board, Bureau, or System, as appropriate.
7) Reports expeditiously to the Attorney General whenever there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a violation of federal criminal law.
8) Oversees the preparation of the regional investigations portion of the OIG’s semiannual reports to Congress, the Counsel of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE) annual report to the President, and coordinates and oversees the preparation of congressional testimony. Delivers presentations on the OIG’s regional investigative activities and results, to include testifying before Congress, as applicable.
9) Oversees the development and maintenance of investigative policies and procedures to help ensure compliance with the applicable standards and guidelines governing statutory law enforcement authority. Prepares the OIG regional investigative operations for a successful external peer review by another OIG every three years. Leads and investigation peer review of another OIG, upon request by the CIGIE.
10) Other duties as required.
III. KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
1) Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of experience as a law enforcement officer with expertise in investigative matters OR a law degree from an accredited law school with an active bar membership, with extensive experience in investigating, prosecuting, applying, and/or interpreting criminal and civil laws, regulations, and policies (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
2) Must have specialized knowledge of OIG programs, activities, and functions.
3) Demonstrated expertise in leading people and directing contractors, including setting strategy, establishing aligned performance expectations, providing clear and actionable feedback, and developing people. Ability to lead and manage projects effectively, set priorities, assess objectives and make budgetary recommendations.
4) Ability to lead and manage staff and projects effectively, set priorities, assess performance, guide staff development and make budgetary recommendations.
5) Ability to balance competing interests among a variety of clients and readily readjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing client demands. Must be able to anticipate and meet the clients’ needs while maintaining high-quality end products.
6) Exceptional organizational savvy and agility as demonstrated by ability to manage across organizational boundaries, building high performing teams, diminishing organizational silos, strengthening teams, and facilitating effective group and team dynamics
7) Requires the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of staff and management.
Strong interpersonal traits, skilled in influencing, coaching and mentoring others and negotiating successful resolution to complex situations. Demonstrated skill in team building in a diverse environment and serving as an effective member of a leadership team. Ability to create, lead, and sustain a diverse, dynamic, high performance culture in a multiple office organization that fosters employee engagement, integrity, and high ethical values. Skilled in building consensus on organizational vision as well as goals and objectives to achieve such vision. Provides the utmost in accountability, credibility, and strategic thinking. Preferred demonstrated experience in the investigation or prosecution of complex Federal financial crimes and parallel proceedings with civil and regulatory enforcement actions, and the development of a portfolio of new investigative activity. Familiarity with FRB OIG/CFPB regulatory requirements, oversight, and enforcement operations and with the banking and financial sectors of the economy preferred.
Requirements: For law enforcement applicants, this is a Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) law enforcement-covered position with age and physical requirements. All applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a top-secret / SCI security clearance, and are subject to the Board’s drug testing program.
For more information, please visit: https://frbog.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=22085