ANNOUNCEMENT OF RECRUITMENT FOR POLICE OFFICER/POLICE OFFICER TRAINEE POSITIONS
The City of Oak Ridge is currently beginning its recruitment activities for the position of Police Officer/Police Officer Trainee.
Please carefully read this document to learn how this process will work. Mandatory Qualifications:
1. Be a United States citizen
2. Be at least 21 years of age
3. Possess excellent moral character for carrying out law enforcement duties
4. Be free of a criminal conviction record
5. High School diploma/equivalent.
6. Must have at least one (1) of the following:
60 college credit hours;
Two years’ service as a full-time, sworn law enforcement officer; or
Two years full-time military service with an honorable discharge.
7. Must become Certified Police Officer (POST) in the state of Tennessee within the timeframes specified by the City.
8. Out of state certifications will be considered. Must obtain Tennessee Certification within six (6) months from date of hire.
9. Must possess State of Tennessee Driver’s license.
10 Must successfully pass Pre-employment and Post-Offer Testing, including a background investigation, drug screen and psychological examination. Failure to pass these will result in revocation of the employment offer.
11. Must pass a post offer pre-employment physical and functional ability exam. Failure to pass these will result in revocation of the employment offer.
Applicants meeting ALL of the mandatory qualifications above are eligible to take the written test that will be given on Tuesday, August 18, 2020 in the gymnasium at the Civic Center Complex on the Oak Ridge, 1403 Oak Ridge Turnpike. Registration will open at 8:30. The written test will begin at 9:00 a.m. and last approximately two (2) hours.
Immediately following the written test, applicants will be given a physical agility test in the same room as the written test is administered. Therefore, applicants should wear or bring loose fitting exercise clothes and shoes suitable for running.
Other future selection steps for some applicants may include an oral interview, a psychological evaluation, background investigation, drug screening, and medical evaluation.
Individuals who desire to participate in the selection process MUST have a completed employment application on file in our NEW applicant software. Please go to https://tn-oakridge.civicplushrms.com/careers/. You must create an account and follow instructions to submit your application. Applications must be received by 12:00 noon, July 31, 2020.
Link to application: https://tn-oakridge.civicplushrms.com/careers/