This person will answer emergency calls requesting police, fire and rescue assistance. Determine appropriate response in accordance with established procedures and assessment of the situation. Dispatches police units in response to calls for service. Maintains a record of all calls and radio messages through Report Exec, a computer aided dispatch system. Monitors status of XUPD, safety escorts and other special duty units.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Answer, extract information, evaluate and prioritize requests for emergency and non-emergency action, including 911 calls, from the public and law enforcement agencies via telephones, police radios, agency terminal and walk-ins.
• Monitor campus wide alarm systems including fire, intrusion, hold-up and door access, dispatching emergency services or other responses as needed.
• Update in real time police officers continuous daily activity
• Operate the Regional Crime Information Center
• Monitor Persona access system
• Function as primary contact when the University is closed for Physical Plant, Psychological Services, Health & Wellness, in addition as serving as liaison between the campus Advocacy Program and students/staff seeking help.
• Issues emergency messages as directed via the XU Alert Me system.
This entry level position but experience preferred. Requires a high school degree or GED.
One to three years previous dispatcher experience
To ensure consideration for this position, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website no later than July 23, 2020.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Link to Application: https://jobs.silkroad.com/(X(1)S(1fn0ynz1goargjkcwncwnckx))/Xavier/apply/jobs/2062