Manager, Partner & Asset Protection, New York City
(Job Number: 200003363)
Location US-NY-New York-NYC Regional Office
Starbucks – Asset Protection
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by managing the reduction of company losses and protection of partners and assets within New York Metro region.
Develops programs and manages Partner & Asset Protection team and activities within assigned area of responsibility.. Partners with and supports operations management to ensure partner security and enhances Starbucks profitability by preventing or minimizing loss of assets. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership – Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
– Directs and leads activities of the team within the assigned area of responsibility.
– Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and priorities to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve department goals and objectives.
– Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
Planning and Execution – Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
– Develops and directs reporting, record management and activity metrics to measure the contribution of the team and department, and analyze loss trends.
– Directs the management of the team within department budget guidelines.
– Plans and manages business unit/department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
– Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
– Supports business leadership through consultation on loss prevention and incident management, as well as reporting of key performance metrics.
Business Requirements – Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
– Manages teams¿ execution of security assessments at retail stores, plants or other company facilities. Analyzes safety and security issues, proposes solutions and oversees implementation of preventive or corrective measures.
– Manages training, consultation and communications with partners and operations management in designated facilities on safety and security policies and procedures.
– Oversees investigations of safety and security policy and procedure violations, integrity issues, criminal activity and company compliance matters and reports findings to appropriate operations, partner relations and legal partners.
– Oversees relations and collaboration of team with law enforcement and government agencies in support of safety, security and recovery of assets.
– Recommends enhanced company safety and security policies and procedures.
Partner Development & Team Building – Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
– Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results.
– Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
– Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
– Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
– Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partner, business and customer results.
Summary of Experience
– Investigative or related management (law enforcement or equivalent civilian experience) (5 years)
– Progressive experience in law enforcement, investigations, public or private sector security. (5 years)
– Retail, restaurant, manufacturing or other general management (3 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
– Ability to assemble and file reports with police, courts and other government entities
– Ability to analyze profit and loss statements
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Link to more information & to apply: https://starbucks.taleo.net/careersection/1000222/jobdetail.ftl?job=200003363&lang=en&sns_id=mailto#.Xw9smB7Xynw.mailto