Safeguard members of the College community and protect private and institutional property on the campus. Supervise public safety personnel.
1. Supervise all public safety personnel and public safety functions on assigned shift. Observe the activities and capabilities of personnel under supervision to ascertain whether or not their duties are being performed promptly and efficiently. Provide training to new officers and dispatchers hired. Submit detailed written reports to the senior shift officer when necessary.
2. Advise and participate in the execution of daily activity logs and preliminary investigation reports. Gather information from various sources such as physical and testimonial evidence and document as necessary.
3. Oversee all personnel assigned to special details and College events. Ensure that all personnel report to his/her post or detail. Ensure that College policies are respected.
4. Maintain all public safety and related equipment. Inspect and monitor vehicle components as related to safe and reliable operation.
1. Take related courses as assigned.
2. Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required:
• Associates Degree required, Bachelors Degree preferred.
• Three to five years of experience in police and/or security, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• First aid and CPR certifications preferred.
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Computer literacy
• Valid driver’s license required.
Providence College, a primarily undergraduate, liberal arts, Catholic institution of higher education conducted under the auspices of the Dominican Friars, seeks candidates who can affirm and contribute to its mission. The College is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment that supports all of its students, faculty, and staff. All members of the community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning experience valuing differences and practicing inclusion. We invite applications from qualified individuals who possess the experience, knowledge, and commitment to work within a diverse learning environment. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Providence College is an equal opportunity employer.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.
For more information, please visit: https://careers.providence.edu/postings/4918