Regional Government Services is recruiting for a Senior Advisor with significant experience as a public agency executive to fill an assignment at the Silicon Valley Regional Interoperability Agency (SVRIA). The assigned incumbent will function as the Executive Director/chief executive officer, and Secretary to the Board of the JPA; which is a regional agency whose purpose is to synchronize and enhance public safety communications in the County of Santa Clara.
Responsibilities include carrying out the direction of the SVRIA Board in planning, directing, coordinating, and reviewing the activities and operations of the JPA; to direct and supervise the activities of the consultants/contractors; and to do related work as required.
The Authority’s work in fulfilling its purpose is highly technical. In order to perform the work and to accomplish the Authority’s goal, the Executive Director must obtain and oversee consultant contractors who have specific knowledge and experience related to public safety technology, federal and state public safety grant programs, data sharing, radio communications, system interoperability and existing local and regional interoperability projects.
The Ideal Candidate will:
• Be a curious and intelligent manager with demonstrated experience successfully leading large or complex projects in a multi-level organization, including planning, organizing, and supervising the work of contractors.
• Have extensive local or state public safety leadership experience at the executive level and will demonstrate a collaborative, customer oriented leadership style.
• Be analytical and appropriately detail oriented; along with demonstrated experience in managing budget, finance, resource administration, and project administration.
• Be adept at identifying critical issues and resourceful in crafting feasible options to propose to partners and decision makers.
• Have demonstrated experience in implementing effective efficient systems, encouraging continuous process improvements, and staying current on industry trends and innovations.
• Be a successful relationship builder and team player accustomed to coordinating with regional partners.
• Display an impressive command of information and sensitivity around messaging; and will always be prepared; including adeptly guiding and educating stakeholders in compelling and informative ways.
• Have demonstrated knowledge of current and developing radio technology related to multi-channel, multi-agency, P-25 two-way radio systems; F.C.C. regulations governing the operation of a multi-frequency radio system; and emergency and non-emergency public safety operations.
• Effectively and professionally communicates in writing, to prepare agendas, staff reports, and policy documents.
• Be articulate and credible, have excellent communication and presentation skills, particularly in addressing non-expert audiences on complex communications interoperability matters.
RGS is seeking a candidate with extensive administrative management experience and related leadership, consensus-building and civic engagement expertise related to public safety technology, federal and state public safety grant programs, data sharing, radio communications, system interoperability and existing local and regional interoperability projects.
Any combination of training and/or experience, which is equivalent to:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree; Five years of progressively responsible management experience, preferably with Joint Powers Agencies, County or Municipal Agencies, Police, Fire and/or EMS Organizations, intergovernmental communications systems or work in related fields.
Acceptable substitutions: Additional years of management level experience may be substituted for education on a one to one basis up to a maximum of two (2) years
For more information, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rgs/jobs/2808022/senior-advisor-assigned-as-the-svria-executive-director?department%5B0%5D=Regional%20Government%20Services&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs