The City of Brentwood is seeking highly motivated persons for a career in law enforcement in a positive, professional environment.
Current Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certification holders, women and other minorities are encouraged to apply. Out of State Lateral Transfers and Non-certified applicants must be able to obtain Tennessee certification in a reasonable time. The City of Brentwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Starting annual salary is $40,372.80 per year ($19.41/hr.) with incentives for higher education or emergency medical training. Benefits include:
• Free Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for employee.
• Paid Vacations and Holidays.
• Annual Vehicle Stipend of $2400 after probationary period.
• Shift Differential pay up to $2100.
• Annual Uniform allowance.
• Longevity Bonus after 5 years of service.
• Tuition Reimbursement Program.
• TCRS Enhanced Retirement.
• G.I. Bill approved training provider.
Applicants must have 60 semester hours of college credit from a regionally accredited college or university, or 30 semester hours and 2 years of experience as a certified Police Officer or Military Police Officer. Applicants must be 21 years of age before hire date and be a citizen of the United States.
Applicants must be able to obtain a valid Tennessee driver’s license. Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation. Selection process includes:
• Applicants must pass a physical fitness test.
• Applicants must pass a written test.
• Applicants who pass the written test will participate in an oral interview process.
• Applicants must pass a polygraph test.
• Applicants must pass a psychological and medical examination.
• Applicants must not have any tattoos visible in a traditional short sleeve uniform.
Completed applications must be submitted online no later than 4:30 pm on August 28, 2020. For additional information, please contact (615)577-6085:
Brentwood Police Department
5211 Maryland Way
Brentwood, Tn. 37027
For more information, please visit: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/brentwoodtn